I absolutely can't believe this. Getting ready to resilicone my 125 gal and...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bradleyheathhays

Aquarium Advice Regular
as I'm doing the final prep and wiping down the inside joints with acetone, I hear three loud pops which turn out to be the top plastic frame splitting in three places. Two didn't separate so much and one did, although all three were all the way through.

img_2360568_0_bb6930f007804d08e17530418e1c8331.jpg

This was the larger one. Tank is upside down on the stand.

So, just to be absurd I'll ask...is it possible to run a 125 gal tank with this type of damage, or does this cracked top frame necessarily need to be replaced? All three breaks were in the middle of the longer sections of the frame and none were too close to a cross support.

Top view...

img_2360568_1_5c498d169e237e3402baa14f657d0ce1.jpg

I've been told my tank is an Aqueon brand. The glass measures exactly 18" x 72" and the top and bottom frames are two inches tall.

If it's at all possible to replace the top frame then I might as well do both. Anyone know where I should look to purchase these frame parts? Thanks.

I'm interested to find out the answer to this.

I run a 26 bow with the cross-support broken with no problems, but thats a 26 not a 125. I hope you are able to run it without!! Seems like it would be a pretty big expense to have to replace the top part, if its even possible. I really hope you dont have to replace the entire tank!

Glasscages.com shows replacement frames up to 90 gallons, might be worth a call to see if they can get a 125. Might only come in black though.

Glasscages.com shows replacement frames up to 90 gallons, might be worth a call to see if they can get a 125. Might only come in black though.

If you buy a new frame be SURE that your glass dimensions match that frame. Different tank manufacturers have different tank dimensions, albeit slight.

CMOS

Back
Top Bottom