I have a st-ICH-y situation!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Platy101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Help anybody !!!. One of my platy is starting to get white spots in its body!!! I Am afraid the oher fish will obtain this disease .!!! I have no hospital tank and i am not ready to buy one !!! HELP!!!!!

image-30798054.jpg

My tank with a large feeder goldfish, five silver-tipped tetras all had Ich horribly bad!
This cleared it up no problem, and I only lost one small tetra.
Just make sure to follow the directions. This particular item was bought at Petsmart.

XavierMarx said:
My tank with a large feeder goldfish, five silver-tipped tetras all had Ich horribly bad!
This cleared it up no problem, and I only lost one small tetra.
Just make sure to follow the directions. This particular item was bought at Petsmart.

I used to have ich with some of my fishes but it was too late when i found the cure
I was using these tablets

If you search ich on here you will find a lot of great threads on here and ones that take no meds.

Calypso77 said:
If you search ich on here you will find a lot of great threads on here and ones that take no meds.

Oh thanks:)

Calypso77 said:

I have a heater that automatically adjust to 78 degrees Only and it will be impossibel for me to use this treatment

Calypso77 said:

I like that idea :)

Platy101 said:
I have a heater that automatically adjust to 78 degrees Only and it will be impossibel for me to use this treatment

I'd spend the money on a new heater rather than the meds if I were you.

Alyxx said:
I'd spend the money on a new heater rather than the meds if I were you.

True. But i barely got this new heater before i knew there was ich. Thanks for the advice though:)

I agree I'd go with a heater you can adjust. You never know when problems can occur and you need to lower or raise your heat. And if there is a method you can use with out meds in the tank it is always safer to go that way.

I bought a couple of those stupid non adjustable heaters too, big mistake, not only do you have a problem if there is an illness in the tank, they barely keep the temp at 74 let alone 78. They are right, you need to get an adjustable heater. It wont cost you anymore than the expense of the medication and the cost of the fish you will loose in the end.

Wiggles24 said:
I bought a couple of those stupid non adjustable heaters too, big mistake, not only do you have a problem if there is an illness in the tank, they barely keep the temp at 74 let alone 78. They are right, you need to get an adjustable heater. It wont cost you anymore than the expense of the medication and the cost of the fish you will loose in the end.

I am in complete agreement, my Ich was bad enough I went for the medication to hopefully save the fish. I only lost 2 thankfully!

Hmmm well i think i am going to put the adjustable heater on my future hospital tank and buy an adjustable heater. Its worth my platys health. Thanks everyone!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom