I have lost this many fish in the past 3 weeks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wavetide

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My favorite black balloon molly died this morning. her eyes looked a little bulgy and I wanted to cry at the sight of her lying on her side. She survived my newbie mistakes but something finally got to her. I've treated her with Parasite clear and fungus clear and salt and high temps over the past 4 weeks but she still died. She had a white patchy stripe on her belly and she was pooping long white/clear stringy poop... didn't know why.

Anyway, she gave birth a couple of weeks ago to 4 fry and 3 of them have died. only 1 survives.

I've done partial water change about every 4 days (25%) and I've changed the filter regularly... kept the bio filter of course.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. My 3 glass catfish are fine and I thought they were supposed to be more fragile than Mollies.

Anyway, I hope more don't die.

RIP So far:
3 molly fries
1 black molly
1 glass catfish (bullied to death by a cichlid that I gave away)

well if its one of your molly's first batches you have to accept that some will die. Myt swordtail had 12 and 2 weeks on and now i have 9

Back
Top Bottom