I introduce to you: Piranha!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

byuftbl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! I would like to tell you about the best betta ever, named "Piranha" Pirahna is a very pretty fish. He is dark purple on his head and his body is violet and blue tinted scales, with green highlights depending on how the light is hitting his body. His dorsal fin is turquoise, and his tail is purple at the base slowly fading into aqua-blue. His anal fin (that's the big flowing fin on the lower half of his body, isn't it?) is purple and tipped and outlined by blue. They also have a green highlight depending on the light hitting him. Quite possibly the prettiest fish I've ever had.

He does seem to have a deformation I've noticed. He came with it so I don't know if he was born with it or got one torn off before I got him-but he only has one pectoral fin instead of the usual two. He usually keeps it fairly close to his body. It doesn't seem to bother him as he is constantly swimming around fast as can be.

This fish has a lot of personality too! When I first got him, he would open his mouth wide and follow my finger around outside the tank, trying to bite me through the glass. When I stick my finger in the water slightly he will speed up and chase it, mouth open ready to bite. He's slightly calmed as he doesn't try to bite through glass, but he still bites (it doesn't even hurt!) if I stick in my fingertip-and he even will jump out slightly to bite me (he is a jumper-glad I have a lid on the tank)

He also loves to play with his mirror. I put the mirror in his tank for about five minutes and he flares at it always, and on occasion opens his mouth wide to try and bite the "other fish". I've NEVER seen any of my bettas open their mouth so wide.

When its feeding time (and when its not!) he does that cute little 'hungry dance' that I'm sure most of you betta owners know! I put the food in and he practically attacks it! This and his above described personality is why his name is affectionately "Piranha".

Pictures are great I'd love to see him :) here's my betta Freddy lol

Attachments

• image-978411707.jpg
    image-978411707.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 74
Here's Piranha's picture

His fins and tail aren't that long but his color is awesome. I hope the pictures work!

Attachments

• P2280363.JPG
    P2280363.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 85
  • P2280367.JPG
    P2280367.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 73
These are the best pics I could get of him but his coloring is a lot more vibrant than the pictures show.

Back
Top Bottom