I need help....seriously!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am not a construction engineer. But I can't imagine that a 5th floor would be any different than a second or third floor. A lot will depend on the construction of the building. I was out looking at houses today and discovered that newer houses are not constructed with the same heavy wood as slightly older ones. I would see if you could find out how old the condo is and if possible the developer or builder and ask them the question. My honest gut feeling is that it wouldn't be a problem but wouldn't want to guarantee you that. Do you know if they allow waterbeds on the 5th floor? Waterbeds will be heavier than a 55 gal. A 55 gal tank will be around 600+ lbs. Finding out which way the beams run would also be helpful as running the tank across the beams rather than parellel would support more weight.

im gettin the mts itch myself, i want to do a nano sw SOOOO bad. i mean it would fit so nicely on my desk...but i need to save up for a new car, and dropping 300 on a nano cube right now just doesnt seem right, and then i need another 300 for co2 for my 55. but then im gonna want to go HIGH light and then ill buy more plants, and then need more ferts...

man this hobby is a very vicious cycle.

I got my new tank

I went with a beutiful 30 gal with a REAL wood black stand. I feel really safe because the glass is thick and the stand is solid oak. I paid more than I wanted but I love it. I can't wait to do the transfer tomorow. I will post my pics.

Hey Love my barbs, I do to but anyway, I have setup a lot of new tanks and I never had to do another bad cycle. I am sure people will argue with me, however I have always had enough, substrate, filter media, driftwood etc. that must have had enough good bacteria on them to keep the tank from going into a major cycle.

See what everybody thinks. The plan for tommorow is to put my fish in qt. Take all 15g and put it into the thirty along with all the sand and I will add more. Then I am going to put my old carbon, foam, bio-bag, into the new filter for a week or so. Between that and my plants, rocks, driftwood, I don't think I will have a cycle. What fo you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom