i think i have an obsessive compulsive disorder with tanks..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i innocently started out buying a 6 gallon for my son. killed all the fish within 3 months--no one told me about water changes. restarted the tank. overstocked it. was given a 29g which seemed soooo big. it lasted 3 months. overstocked it. was given another 29g. it lasted another 3 months and then i bought a 125g (which came with a 10g). waited 6 months before i could afford to set it up. broke down the 2 29s and transferred all the fish and plants to the 125. now the 125 is getting very stocked and i'm dreaming of 90g for bichirs!

i'm thinking i really don't need a whole bed--a sleeping bag would be fine...right? uh oh, i think i have it bad...

My story started when I was about 10. I had a 10g tank and a betta. From there I have moved up to 12 tanks ranging from 2.5 to 180g. I have two tanks in my living room, a tank in my daughters room, 2 tanks in my sons room and 7 tanks in our bed room...lol. Ive been doing this for 26yrs and dont plan on slowing down any time soon.

The garage will be closed in sometime soon to make a fish room so I can get MORE tanks!

A lot of stories start out the same way, the betta in a bowl. Then we find AA and somehow our MTS gets worse, perhaps it is the support system here? :lol:

I got my first tank, a 29gal, from friend who was gracious enough to give me all the accessories to go along with it. After a few rocky times with fish dying, I think I finally have the hang of it. I now have 5 tiger barbs, 2 blue gouramis, 1pleco and 1 blue crayfish in that tank. I have only been keeping fish for a few months now. I am constantly looking at aquarium decorations and anything to do with fish. I am going to be getting a 55gal from the same friend and I am going to move my 29gal into my bedroom. I am completely addicted to this hobby now. I think I want to do a cichlid community in the 55gal, not sure of the decorations yet, but I am sure I will find something that I like. I will post pics as soon as I get the tank.

I don't understand. This is not addicting at all. I have the 75 downstairs, and the 36 in the living room. No problem at all.

I also have the turtle tank, but that doesn't count it is not a fish tank. I do not have problem.

My wife clearly saw that getting a new 75 for the office would be a great idea. There is no problem here.

3 tanks will be just fine. Well ok 4, but the turtle tank does not count.

Once I get the new 75 I will be fine. Fine I tell you. No more tanks. No problem here.

We do have a free wall in the bedroom a 29 would look great. No, I don't need it, I don't need it. No problem here I tell you no problem.

And we definitely do not need a betta tank on the island in the kitchen. We absolutely do not. I tell you there is no problem here. No problem at all.

:D

hahaha....exactly rich, we all look for the smallest spot to put something or we could re-arrange the living room to make one wall larger and put a tank there. :-D

Back
Top Bottom