I want a small AGGRESSIVE cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Plecos4596

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want this to be aggressive as hell but as aggressive as it is small thanks in advanced.

5 or 6 inches at max don't ask I just want it to be aggressive!

5 or 6 inches at max don't ask I just want it to be aggressive!

Kind of an odd request, however convict cichlids are really nasty, females reaching about 4" and males maxing out at around 6". Don't put a breeding pair in with any other fish, though, as they will absoltuely kill everything. Otherwise,though, they seem to fit the bill of what you're looking for.

Last edited:
Kind of an odd request, however convict cichlids are really nasty, females reaching about 4" and males maxing out at around 6". Don't put a breeding pair in with any other fish, though, as they will absoltuely kill everything.

Convicts will get very aggressive in breeding season. Even if they r not in breeding season, they r nasty to most tankmates.

Telmatochromis Dhonti, easily the hands down winner under 6 inches. They will destroy tankmates that wander into their claimed territory, why you want something like this is beyond me?

Cichlid Profiles

Convicts are a good choice and they are easy to find. They spawn like crazy and they can usually hold their own against similar sized fish.

Back
Top Bottom