I won't ever try to rescue another sick/injured fish again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William

Aquarium Advice Addict
Everyone knows how awhile ago I found this poor little male fiddler crab that had lost 2 of his legs and the small claw he needs to eat, right?

And how I bought him so I could give him a fair shake at life?

WELL I WON'T BE DOING IT AGAIN!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

My african dwarf frog was laying on the gravel, having just coming down from dart to the surface for a breath of air when that little male fiddler that I thought so helpless jumped on my frog and KILLED HIM!!

THAT " HELPLESS " LITTLE :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: JUST KILLED MY BELOVED FROG!

:bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Oh yikes William! That is horrible. And to actually have seen it happen makes it all the more awful. So sorry for your froggie :cry:

I finally get my tank mature and stable and now I'm loosing fish/animals to a murderous crab.

:bawl:

No it was missing its little claw that it uses to eat with. Which is why I felt so sorry for him because he can't eat with his big claw.

and he just jumped on top of the frog and stabbed the poor thing like a backally murder.. :bawl:

You should probably tear the claw off, and then stab him with it. I think it will give him a real sense of how much it sucks to get speared. Once my dog bit me dad, my did bit the dog and the dog never bit anyone ever again.

The crab was doing what comes naturally to it. Not the crab's fault. I know you don't want to hear that, but you know it's true.

Sorry about your frog, but maybe the fiddlers are such good tankmates for frogs. The crabs would prolly be best off in a tank with fish only, and fast ones at that. Dannios and some medium tetras, something like that.

In case this post sounds kid of harsh, I am truely sorry about your frog, didn't mean to give you that impression.

Well they've been around a lazy CAE and a Albino pl*co forever, and a Peacock Eel before that.

They never messed with anything on the bottom before, thats the reason I got the frog. I can't believe they did it tho..thats why I can't believe it, because they were so good around all my other bottom dwelling creatures.

sorry about your poor frog.........but to give something a chance at a decent happy life is a damned good thing.

Sorry about your frog. :cry: But like Corvuscorax said, your crab was just doing what came naturally. I keep fiddlers and crayfish in with my danios and barbs. They are usually fast enough to out manuver the little ambush hunters with claws, but every once in a while I find a barb missing.

I'm not disputing that, but I am saying that they've been with so MANY different bottom dwellers, CAEs, pl*cos', cory's, Peacock Eel..

They never even made a move on them.

Then this little one that I rescue just decides to go jack the ripper on my precious frog :(

William said:
I finally get my tank mature and stable and now I'm loosing fish/animals to a murderous crab.

:bawl:

Fiddler crabs will eat pretty much anything such as small fish, other crabs, small aquatic animals. You should also not get any unless you plan on making a species only tank. Half water, half land. They actually spend more time on land than in the water and they require brackish water to stay healthy for a long time.

You should probably tear the claw off, and then stab him with it. I think it will give him a real sense of how much it sucks to get speared. Once my dog bit me dad, my did bit the dog and the dog never bit anyone ever again.
8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

Back
Top Bottom