Ich Treatments Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy Aston

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi , One of my friends has had a Ich breakout and I wanted to know how can we cure this illness.

It is some neons.

What medicines is needed?

And what else is needed?

Thanks Aston

Answers tonight would be great then we get a plan sorted out as He is a bit upset.

Turn heat up to 86 f and add some salt. Also waterchanges and vacum gravel often. No meds should be needed, keep up heat and salt until 2 weeks after it goes away

But my fish are not SW they are FW

Also I have a snail and some other fish in there.

Will they be ok at that high temp?

The neons should , its a low dose of salt freshwater fish do fine in it , the snails might not, you can skip the salt just make sure the aeration is good because the higher temp lowers dissolved oxygen content.

They are... I am just at my mates house and he is telling me what to type as they are his questions.

Keep the thread on topic please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turn the heat up to 86-88F
Increase aeration
Increase gravel vacs and water changes
Leave the temp up for AT LEAST one week AFTER the last spot is seen

You/your friend can add 1 tablespoon of salt per 5 gallons of water. Dissolve it in a cup of tank water and add 1/4 of the dose every 6-12 hours until the full dose is reached. It's important to remember that salt is only removed by water changes.
You can use any salt that has NO iodine or anti-caking agents. Do not use marine salt (for SW tanks).

Back
Top Bottom