Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jo26

Aquarium Advice Regular
IMG_4767.jpg

I have a few dwarf sword to add to this when they arrive and ignore the rocks in the bogwood as they are just currently holding it down as it still floats.

Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions as to the decor?

Are the white rocks staying in places other than inside the wood? The contrast is s little jarring as it is. I think you could make it work, but I would make it either super boggy with the white rocks as a forefront accent or go clean and modern with the wood exaggerated.

I haven't decided whether or not to keep the rocks yet, I suppose I would like to if possible but all of them no need to be used if it would be too much?

I'm replacing all of the artificial plants and going for live ones so I haven't messed with the layout yet until they start to get planted.

I love the planted tanks I've seen but I'm not wanting it really heavily planted.

Disclaimer...im not a formal scaper lol.

Heres couple ideas that may help.
1. Put scape on paper first
2. General rule largest in background smallest in fore ground. Step effect
3. Dont look at whole tank divide into thirds or sixths.
4. Eyes tend to move right left to right. So if focal point is center mass make it good.
5. Consider max plant size
6. It's your tank..no wrong way

Disclaimer...im not a formal scaper lol.

Heres couple ideas that may help.
1. Put scape on paper first
2. General rule largest in background smallest in fore ground. Step effect
3. Dont look at whole tank divide into thirds or sixths.
4. Eyes tend to move right left to right. So if focal point is center mass make it good.
5. Consider max plant size
6. It's your tank..no wrong way

Thanks for that! Like I said I'm replacing all of the artificial plants currently in there with live plants, got some anacharis in there now and waiting on some dwarf sword for the foreground.

Do you know any plants that are pretty easy to keep that are red in colour or any colour but green? Lol. Just want to add a bit of variety.

Imo red tiger lotus and dwarf lilly are two plants with color most should be able to grow. Not formal landscape plants so they dont get much love lol

Dwarf lilly in front right.

458d79f99e7b56a30f5bdf792fcd8fe1.jpg

Are they pretty easy to keep? Not kept plants before see so I'm currently a learner lol.

Very easy...FE will make more red. Mine is more red in real life lol.

That's good to know then. And your tank looks awesome! Hoping to get my plants in and growing well soon so mine can start to like how I want it.

Youll get there just takes time. Research is the name of this game.

Yes I've had advise and researched everything I've bought so far.

Fingers crossed. And thank you!

View attachment 298176

I have a few dwarf sword to add to this when they arrive and ignore the rocks in the bogwood as they are just currently holding it down as it still floats.

Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions as to the decor?

Great setup and I as well have rocks on top of my driftwood, after 3 weeks and it's still floating but it's slowly needing less rocks as time goes by. Maybe a floating live plant like duckweed , water sprite , and as background plant jungle Val.

Great setup and I as well have rocks on top of my driftwood, after 3 weeks and it's still floating but it's slowly needing less rocks as time goes by. Maybe a floating live plant like duckweed , water sprite , and as background plant jungle Val.

Yeah I've heard it takes a while, it will get there lol. I will look into the plants you mentioned though. Thanks a lot.

Rocks are nice in an aquascape. But THOSE rocks I would take out, if it were mine. They are too attention grabbing in my opinion. But, alas, it's your tank. And maybe that's what you want.

Rocks are nice in an aquascape. But THOSE rocks I would take out, if it were mine. They are too attention grabbing in my opinion. But, alas, it's your tank. And maybe that's what you want.

Yeah I see what you mean. It's all a work in progress so I will see what they're like with the live plants in and if not I will change them. Thank you.

Nothing says you cant bury the rocks some. Majority of the time thats what I do. Generally I think it looks more natural than when they just sit on top

Nothing says you cant bury the rocks some. Majority of the time thats what I do. Generally I think it looks more natural than when they just sit on top

Yeah good shout.

The picture shown isn't how I want the tank or how it's going to stay. Was just getting some ideas for when it gets fixed up. I appreciate everyone's input.

Back
Top Bottom