Identify

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmmm I'm usually good with the identification spectrum but you've got me stumped! It almost looks like a Pseudomugil Rainbowfish but the caudal fin doesn't match. It may be a type of rasbora. I'd be curios on what this turns out to be...
Did the store have him listed as anything or did the employee say anything that may hint towards his name?

I just wanna point something out since its in your pic. That heater is NOT made to be fully submerged. It has minimum and maximum water lines on the glass part of it. I would raise it out of the water or risk all your fish dying. Sorry it was off topic. I hope everyone with a fluval heater see's this.

Edit. You can actually see the water lines in the pic. I would raise it to that first line below the plastic.

Please identify this fish View attachment 223098

Looks like it could be a pale Black Neon Tetra. Has the black line and the yellow on the dorsal fin.

Try adding some dark construction paper to the back of the tank. If that doesn't seem to work, check your water params to make sure they are safe.

Fish will often try to match the lighter color of their surroundings, and if he is the only one he is probably stressed about not having any friends to hang with. Also can cause more pale fish.

Lemon Tetra

Not lemon, body shape is off, unless he's severely malnourished, and they shouldn't have that black line. I don't really think the fish in the front is a black neon either. The one in the back is but the front one just doesn't match other black neons I've seen. Plus his eye is huge and that's what's mainly throwing me off!

I know for certain the one in the back is a black neon. Thank you I will certainly raise the heater I didn't even realize

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392942688.077065.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392942710.691989.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392942728.658676.jpg
Might someone be able to identify these sorry for bad picks but they keep moving hard to shoot. They are all the same fish. If it helps they have little whiskers and one orange stripe in their tails

Back
Top Bottom