Im Almost ready! Here's the fish I hope to have!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tyrel

Aquarium Advice Regular
20 gallons

African Butterfly fish = 4"
Ghost Glass catfish x2 = 6"
Dwarf gourami x2 = 4"
Twig cat OR dojo loach = 6"
Banjo cat = 5"
hillstream loach (x2?)

Now, I need your opinions on this tank setup. will there be to much food competition? Will these fish keep the tank clean? Will the butterfly fish keep the others at great risk? will the bioload be to great? I need you guys to critique my plan here. I used a lot of money and time reasearching this tank, and I dont want to mess it up!

Thanks
-tyrel-

The hillstream loaches are cool, but they won't clean the algae very well. They feed more on fish food and bloodworms. Might want to consider a pleco that doesn't get real big, or otos.

sorry. Its a twenty gallon. I'll edit my first post. Keep the advice coming. I have the feeling that this plan might might overstock. :?

tyrel said:
20 gallons

African Butterfly fish = 4"
Ghost Glass catfish x2 = 6"
Dwarf gourami x2 = 4"
Twig cat OR dojo loach = 6"
Banjo cat = 5"
hillstream loach (x2?)

More like:

African Butterfly fish = 5"
Dwarf gourami x2 = 3"
dojo loach = 10"

Hillstream loaches are best in cool, flowing water...not the best for a tropical community tank.

I'd say take off the "Twig cat OR dojo loach" and hillstream loaches off that list, JMO.

Ok. Thanks, Ill keep editing my list. Do you think that the gouramis will nip the butterfly fishes fins?

tyrel said:
Ok. Thanks, Ill keep editing my list. Do you think that the gouramis will nip the butterfly fishes fins?

No...dwarf gouramis are pretty reasonable...and butterfly fish can take care of themselves around reasonable fish.

Gouramis may nip (primarily males) at other gouramis but not usually other fish.

Back
Top Bottom