I'm getting that MTS itch again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
But since I can't actually find room for another tank, I figured I would upgrade my 75gal... to a 110 gal tall (It would fit on the same stand).

Is this tank size rare? Ive serached online and I found one place that actually gave me a price ($250)... is that over priced?

check glasscages.com they have lots of tank sizes and they have a show in texas where you could pick it up. If they had one in colorado thats where i would be buying my tanks.

Hehe Zagz I wish you could see where I live and how much room we don't have as is =oP

We live in a duplex and as is, we are busting at the seems... but some day we will buy a big house and have room for lots of aquariums if I want (Stephen has somewhat agreed to a sun room with a pond, and an in wall aquarium thus far HA!)

Also, I REALLY love my 75gal, and I want to add as much fish that I love into one tank. So a 75 isn't gunna cut it.. so thats why I wanna make it bigger.

Because then, I could add some congo tetras and more corys.

My ultimate fish list would be:
2 angels (have)
2 kribs (have)
1 RTB shark (have)
School of serpaes (have.. but could upgrade once in a larger tank)
School of cories (I tried that, but all but two died... so I would upgrade)
4 GBR (want want want)
4 golden babrs (I have one at the moment)
4 odessa barbs (have)
2 hatchets (have- maybe upgrade?)
5 congo tetras (want!)

haha and that would equal 107 inches of fish in a 110 gal.. so I could even add more hatchets! And maybe an SAE or two

Then, I would have everything ive ever wanted in a tank =o)

Japola44 said:
check glasscages.com they have lots of tank sizes and they have a show in texas where you could pick it up. If they had one in colorado thats where i would be buying my tanks.

I will definatly check that out. But Texas is big, so knowing my luck it will be in Houston or Austin (4-5 hours away hehe)

i hate how no one will ship a tank, you would think they could pack around around it enough to keep it from getting busted

I have finally run out of room in my house. Well reasonable room that is, we do need some furniture to sit on LOL.

I would check with your local aquarium society they may have members or know of some people that may have a tank or be able to build a tank of that size for you. You would have the recommendations of aquarist, rather than just getting the info out of the newspaper or something.

I love my Congo's, I had 6 at one point. a series of unfortunate events (disease in the tank) I lost 1/2.. When I replace the 75 with a 125 I'll be getting up to 9 total. (There is a pic of 5 of them in my sig, just hover over Congo tetra)

Perfecto makes a 110@ 48x18x30 so any store that sells perfecto tanks can order it. All Glass doesn't make one.

I have finally reached my limit although none in the basement, basement too cold IMO well for me if not the fish :roll: 10 tanks in total, 125,75, 33, 29, 2x20, 2x15, 10, 5.

I have pretty much met the capacity limits of my bedroom I have a 55gal a 20 gal and a 5 gal. So, now I think I am going to suprise my parents with one in the computer room :D tehe. If I could I would put a tank in all of the rooms in my house. O well...

I realized that the Dallas North Aquarium has tanks for sale in that size and its about 20min down the road from me (weeee!!).

Also, a few other reasons why I have to subdue my MTS itch is because im a college student and I move every year... and moving more and more tanks every year is NOT fun. AND you never know if the place you are moving to next will have enough room for all the tanks. AND being in college... I can't afford all that much hehe

BUT when I have a house... oh man... I want a LARGE wall aquarium in my living room (A combo of this and this). But I would make it work with the decor n stuff. I want a sunroom with a large above ground pond (cuz I looooooooove goldfish), when I start teaching I will have an aquarium in my classroom and then where ever else I had room for a tank, if I wanted it, id have it!

Back
Top Bottom