Is direct sunlight bad for fishes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Direct Sunlight on a Tank

I know about having Algae issue but I don't mind cleaning it and my water temp is also fine but I don't know if it's gonna affect the fishes in any way.

Hello aqua...

If the tank is relatively large, then some direct sun isn't going to do any harm. It would take a lot of sun over several hours to raise the temperature in a large tank, because of the large volume of water. The plants in the tank will likely benefit from a little natural sunlight.

I would monitor the amount the tank gets. As the days get longer and warmer, a smaller tank could have some problems.

B

Hello aqua...

If the tank is relatively large, then some direct sun isn't going to do any harm. It would take a lot of sun over several hours to raise the temperature in a large tank, because of the large volume of water. The plants in the tank will likely benefit from a little natural sunlight.

I would monitor the amount the tank gets. As the days get longer and warmer, a smaller tank could have some problems.

B

Your rite, the tank is 55 gal with live plants that I moved to the spot where they get the sunlight and the temperature seems to be steady

Back
Top Bottom