Is it just me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquanewbie72

Aquarium Advice Activist
*SIGH* I walk into the LFS today to quickly grab a cheap little air pump for my 10 gallon and walk out 35 minutes later with a big bag and a receipt totalling $62. :uhoh:

Its hopeless. I think this hobby has officially taken over. :lol:

haha, yeah sounds like me too. i can't seem to get out of my favourite LFS without SOMETHING extra... some plants, a snail (i love ramshorn snails... and i have far too many for my own good), new decorations, etc.

careful not to keep coming home with fish, you don't want to overcrowd your tanks... and MTS is, well, let's just say it's not a cheap thing....

We went to the lfs to get a BN pleco and walked out with a 150 gal tank. *sigh* We need to leave our wallets at home and only take $20 when we go.

I do the same thing every week, I visit my LFS on a monday and always come out with at least £20 worth of things.
It is a good thing to spend money on though.

i've done that wen't to walmart the other night for some filter cartages, and came home with my betta
i went to a reptile show once just to get a new tank for my rat snake and came home with a lil california king snake lol

I wish I could do that!!!!! Today while in the LFS I saw the most beautiful betta EVER!!! Beautiful deep red body with white around the edges. He was GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really wanted another tank for him!!!! But I need to upgrade my other betta as it is...maybe someday.

The pet store loves to see me walk in for a "little something" I need to pickup :oops:

Always walk out w/ an armful!

My lfs store manager actually told me I was there too often! 8O How often and how much do you have to spend before the lfs says that? Don't ask, LOL.

LOL... when i walk into the LPS they always know exactly what im getting... "A fuzzy and a rat right?" and then "so what fish are you getting today.."

i told my husband not to let me pick up the snake food anymore becuase the snake food should cost less than 5 bucks but i tend to walk out with at least a $40 bill.

Aquarium stores and hardware stores - two places that I can't seem to walk into without dropping at least $50 on impulse buys. :roll:

QTOFFER, I WORK at Lowes, i'm a cashier in the garden center.

You don't want to know how much of my paycheck they get back!

My lfs let me start a tab (not as great as you think). I pay my tab monthly and he's cool with that.

You know I was just shocked because - well I got the air pump I needed and then it was like - "hey - that cool green silicone tubing is on sale for $3.20 - let me grab some of that- never hurts to have some extra tubing around..." and then I saw this other tubing that had a plant around it - so in your tank it just looks like a plant (hides the tubing) - and I was like "HEY COOL! I'm going to get THAT!" - and then - WHOA - Aquaclear filters were on sale! And since I hate the "TOP FIN" filter thats in my 10 gallon - I grabbed an Aquaclear 20 for that tank... and on and on and on................
SHOCKINGLY - I did NOT buy any additional fish. Though I REALLY had my eye on some nice blue gouramis...... but I still had other stops to make and I didn't think the blue gourami wanted to go into Michael's Craft Store with me. LOL SO I resisted anymore livestock. yeah just $62 in gadgets!

Back
Top Bottom