is it really required to have 2 heaters?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philipraposo198

Aquarium Advice Addict
i will be running a 75g and i have lighting and filter already. now i am deciding on the heater(s).

I know a lot of people suggest 2 heaters just in case one dies, but is this really required?

i would rather not have 2 of them in the tank as i want it to look as clean as it can. no clutter.

thinking a single 300w or a bit more?

Tank Heating

i will be running a 75g and i have lighting and filter already. now i am deciding on the heater(s).

I know a lot of people suggest 2 heaters just in case one dies, but is this really required?

i would rather not have 2 of them in the tank as i want it to look as clean as it can. no clutter.

thinking a single 300w or a bit more?

Hello phil...

It's your tank, so it's your decision. Two 300 watt heaters placed at opposite ends of the tank will distribute the heated water more evenly. Two heaters won't work as hard. If you keep your house warm, then you may be able to get by with one heater, but it will be working pretty hard to keep the water temperature at 76 degrees which is a comfortable temperature for most tropical aquarium fish.

If you go with one, then place it close to the filtration system, so the warm water is moving and isn't confined to a specific area of the tank. Cool water isn't a good thing for most tropical aquarium fish. It can be bad for their immune system.

B

Back
Top Bottom