is my stocking ok??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janeth0185

Aquarium Advice Regular
is a guppy, dwarf gourami,and 3 spotted cory catfish ok for my 10gallon???

Yes it sounds okay, I would move the Cories to a 20-30 cuz that's their minimum tank size.

+1

You could look into one of the smaller corydoras varieties: panda, pygmy, hastatus or habrosus.

Keep and eye on the interactions between the gouramy and the guppy. Sometimes gouramy can be nasty.

ok the cory i got is a three lined corydora from what i see on google..but am planning to get 2 more .the salesman said he was able to be in a 10gallon.is this true for this cory??cory1.png

ok the cory i got is a three lined corydora from what i see on google..but am planning to get 2 more .the salesman said he was able to be in a 10gallon.is this true for this cory??View attachment 111698

I was just checking the info I could find on this species and its stays fairly small (2.25") which is not much bigger than pandas. I think that you can get away with a group of them. I wouldn't go for more than 5. (The small varieties pygmy, hastatus, habrosus all stay under 1.5" which is why they are recommended for 10g)

Could someone else chime if if they have had them and if they stayed small?

I was just checking the info I could find on this species and its stays fairly small (2.25") which is not much bigger than pandas. I think that you can get away with a group of them. I wouldn't go for more than 5. (The small varieties pygmy, hastatus, habrosus all stay under 1.5" which is why they are recommended for 10g)

Could someone else chime if if they have had them and if they stayed small?

so its ok to have atleast 4 of those with the guppy and dwarf gourami??? or would that be overstocking??

You should be ok with 4 of them in a 10gal. A 20gal. long would be ideal though.

yea i wanted a larger tank to begin with but decided on goin with a 10gallon since in a few months from now ill be having to move outta state and the drive would be long so didnt want a large tank to carry along with.but will be upgrading to a 30 once im settled in after moving.

Panda Corys, always go with panda corys. lol i love my little pands so much very active, adorable and just all around awesome!

Back
Top Bottom