Is there a difference?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjrossi88

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to get a few kuhli loaches and all I've seen listed on some websites are black kuhli loaches. Are they the same thing or is there a difference?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not that I'm aware of. Websites don't always label fish exactly as they should.

Example: PetSmart labels a Senegal Bichir as a Dinosaur Bichir.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

There are different types of khuli's, the only ones I seem to find are the black onesImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428882118.252174.jpg

I think someone posted this on here before, I kept it for reference (I have five of the black ones)

Awesome, thanks! Do you happen to have a picture of one of your black ones? I've tried googling them but it brings up a bunch of different ones so I don't know what I'm looking at lol

Unfortunately that attachment isn't working.

Pangio Kuhli are the only ones I've seen sold. They are tons of loaches but many are hard to find and almost never seen bred in captivity.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

The wet spot has pangio oblonga labeled "black kuhli loach". Actually the only thing I don't see on their list is pangio kuhli lol. I was only asking because I don't want to order something I didn't want but since I'm new to the aquarium scene I don't have my own knowledge of what's what yet.

Black kuhli:

img_3202932_0_dfb6bab1fea43c4785d5f57b81ab182e.jpg

Striped kuhli (face) purchased from Wet Spot:

img_3202932_1_f99f94e68017a9e28beb54d00cba88f5.jpg

I have the tipical stripped kuhli and black. 3 of each.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

So a black kuhli is in fact NOT black? Lol the striped kuhli is the one I'm after!

So a black kuhli is in fact NOT black? Lol the striped kuhli is the one I'm after!

My black kuhlis are all dark grey. Not quite black. If you buy from wet spot tropical fish online they sell stripped kuhli. I buy all my fish there. But I love right by it.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

Yea, that have a ton of options. Wish I was able to go in and pick exactly what I wanted!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428888773.077428.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428888791.053437.jpg
Here's the two kinds I have.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

Yea, I really like that one. I have a new 55 gallon. I'm nearing the end off my cycling.

Back
Top Bottom