Is there an aquarium eel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you mean you want an Eel for your Aquarium ? Fresh or Saltwater?
You may need to change this thread to a different area.

There are Eels, but they need large tanks and are escape artists. Read up on them, before getting one. They aren't super hard, but will die without proper care. Some need spot feeding or the fish will get all their food.

robertleepatton said:
Freshwater and yes a eel can u give me a website

Peacock eel. I'd say minimum 40 gallon breeder because of the footprint

there is a fish called the 'weather loach' (various other names) , but it is easy to care for but kinda looks like an eel , very very interesting fish , apparently they sense pressure so when they are active it may mean there is a storm coming (name is now obvious) , some nice colours and patterns too , mine did escape so have a good lid and soft small subtrate with hiding places also (rocks etc)

If you go for weather/dojo loaches be aware they need lower temps 25c max, i keep mine at 23- 24c and they are active.

You can keep them alone but they are great in groups, I keep three and they are great to watch very social fish with there own type. Very peaceful and hardy , most people that don't know fish mistake them for eels when they check my aquarium .

What about tiretrack eels? I don't know anything about them but I see them in with the loaches at my lfs. And yes rope fish are definitely awesome, I have 3 and they are best friends with my discus lol

Back
Top Bottom