Is this a sick fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandon K.A

Aquarium Advice Freak
He is a dwarf puffer, he is always either at the bottem if the tank or laying on a leaf, he never moves unless I get the net on him, but doesn't even care when the net is near him. He is much darker than my other puffer and has white fins, unlike clear ones my other dp has. Is this one sick? Should I flush him to end his misery?

I think he has a parasite cause he spins around now... He is just sitting in my net...

Attachments

• image-1184361086.jpg
    image-1184361086.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 85
Hmm... does he always act lethargic? I remember my old Puffer was sometimes passive about the net, and would just hangout in one spot, but then he would go back to being energectic.

Yea, when I first got him, he was swimming around fine, then later that day and on he got darker in color and his fins turned white.

5 gallons. Not sure about parameters as I need to get a more reliable test kit...

Right now he is at the bottem of the net, not moving... He only kinda moves when I move the net, then he floats down the net again...

If I let the net drop him, he just falls, but I can tell he is still alive for now...

My other puffer is fine..just trying to eat a snail.

Attachments

• image-3728261037.jpg
    image-3728261037.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 78
Wow, that's really sad, I'm sorry to hear that...

So you don't have a liquid test kit?

Do you have a heater? What is the temp of your tank water?

No heater, but it's usually hot enough here in Hawaii. My other tank, near it is at around 82 to 84F.

I am thinking of just flushing him, ending his misery.

May he rest in peace.... At least now I am following the one dwarf puffer to 5 gal rule...

Back
Top Bottom