Is this normail for Tin Foil Barbs??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Idealconcepts

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 3 Tinfoil Barbs, approximately 3.5 inches long each, in my 130gal tank with about a dozen other fish that are mainly South American Cichlids, approximately 2.5 inches long. My ammonia and nitrite are at 0 and my nitrate is between 12.5 and 25, I don’t remember the unit of measure for nitrate. The tank has been running for about 2.5 months now and I have had the 3 Tinfoils for about 1.5 months. I noticed a few weeks after I got the Tinfoils would swim towards a clay pot, which has been removed, and appear to slap themselves against the pot. Since the clay pot has been removed they do the same thing on the two pieces of driftwood that I had put in. There are no signs of ick, disease, or stress with any of Tinfoils or my other fish and they have been doing this slapping thing for the last month or so. My questions – is this slapping against the driftwood, and before the clay pot, normal and do I need to worry about it? All the fish seem healthy and I do weekly water changes of about 25-30% and run two Rena Filstar XP3’s. Has anyone been in this situation or anything similar? Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions. :?:

Back
Top Bottom