Is this okay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superpeytonm

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just wondering if you could two Pterophyllum Scalare in a tank together? Will they get aggressive and kill other fish?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Angelfish are best kept in pairs or solo so reduce aggression once they mature.

I keep mine in a community tank. Their mouth is not that big. Once mature they can eat nano fish like rasporas and neons. Not sure about tetras though because of body mass.

Angels really only show aggression when breeding. If you have a good size tank and decent size fish you should be fine. There are always exceptions where people get a little nightmare and it starts killing but that's very uncommon in Angels.

Like penguin said: what size tank is this? Remember, these fish get more tall than they do wide. (6 inches)

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Last edited:
Angelfish are best kept in pairs or solo so reduce aggression once they mature.

I keep mine in a community tank. Their mouth is not that big. Once mature they can eat nano fish like rasporas and neons. Not sure about tetras though because of body mass.

Angels really only show aggression when breeding. If you have a good size tank and decent size fish you should be fine. There are always exceptions where people get a little nightmare and it starts killing but that's very uncommon in Angels.

Like penguin said: what size tank is this? Remember, these fish get more tall than they do wide. (6 inches)

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Neons are tetras, but there are many genera of tetras. The list if fish they could eat is long, the key is chosing deeper bodied tertas, barbs, and so on, any narrower bodied fish that grow 2" or larger, they are generally safe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Neons are tetras, but there are many genera of tetras. The list if fish they could eat is long, the key is chosing deeper bodies and any narrower bodied tetras that grow 2" or larger, they are generally safe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My wording was probably bad but yes I know neons are tetras :p sorry for that.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom