Just brought NLS food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I was pushing my food formula I would give examples of fish I've kept that have been on it also.

If I managed to get my grass pickerel on X brand flakes, thatd be awesome, but it doesn't mean that X brand flake does something that other processed foods don't.

@Vindu, no one says nls is a bad food, we all agree it is premium. I don't hear anyone say anything bad about omega or hikari either.

If nls were some kind of magic formula that is so far above all others then the recipe wouldve long been emulated by others wishing to stay in competition.

Vindu said:
I just bought NLS food for my goldfish. How long will it take for me to notice a difference in the fishes appearance?

Hey Vindu, it may not be all that noticeable, it may be very noticeable. Fish differ. You made a good choice with NLS. There really isn't anything bad to say about them. Sorry I can't give a definite answer, but I really don't think there is a true definite answer out there.

Fishguy2727 said:
Then what is the point of this forum? Sharing information. It is all just what some random other person says.

The owner of NLS has kept Moorish Idols on NLS exclusively for years. Mandarins have recently been bred in captivity and they are raising them on NLS. Is anyone saying that Omega One is keeping their mandarins alive? Is anyone claiming to be raising mandarin (or equivalently challenging species) on kens?

I am also basing my opinion on my experience with the food, which is far beyond and above what I have found other foods to do.

I agree that this site is written information and advice.. nut the advice Aldo varies and nothing is set in stone .. its simply that.. suggestions of personal experiences.. that isn't to say any advice given is written in stone and therefore the only information you should follow. Most members here that give advice will also advise you to do your own research and figure what best works for you as an individual.

I think one of the goldfish may have internal parasites as well. It had clear stringy poop, a few red spots and got floaty every time it eats.

Will NLS fix this as well? And should I continue doing the green peas once a week?

Vindu said:
I think one of the goldfish may have internal parasites as well. It had clear stringy poop, a few red spots and got floaty every time it eats.

Will NLS fix this as well? And should I continue doing the green peas once a week?

Hmm try fasting it for a few days. Then feed him some NLS and see if his poop is still stringy. If he doesn't it means it's constipation.

Back
Top Bottom