Just in the Nick of time!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melody

Aquarium Advice Addict
As a few people know, I had a Pictus Cat that was cleaning out my tank. I called the pet store and they said they would take him, and give me credit... picked up some new tiger barbs to replace the missing ones, Fell in love with a RED tiger barb, just to find out they were dyed...never mind..... Well upon leaving that store, I decided to go to that pet store that no one likes because all the fish are nasty and dead. But if your lucky you can find a unique fish. I found my peacock eel there and thats been almost a year ago, and hes still kicking. well Im picking through the tanks and the guy walks in the door with a shipment of fish... hmmmmm..... I look at the fish as there taking them out of the box and I spot the most beautiful female Betta... she is light lavender!!! I pick her up off the counter before they have a chance to put her in that nasty little cup with blue water... I dont even have tank space for her... she is currently in a BIG pitcher of water so before everyone freaks out and tells me about how bad it is, I know... Im going back to Wally WOrld to get her a tank. My water pitcher is much better then the 1/2 cup of water she was in before, or that nasty blue water at the store. SHe is so cute, and active! swimming all over the pitcher and I think she posed for me when taking her picture. She is fluffing up her fins and nibbling on the two bits of food I dropped in. Seems healthy! See next post for pic... I love her and now I need to think of a name for her. All my Bettas have been named after Musicians, Elvis, George, and Elton... need something for her...

Here she is.....

here she is Pic is a little fuzzy, and HOPEFULLY I didnt make is one of those pics that take up the whole screen...

whoops.... sorry about the two pics!

Congratulations! Don't feel bad, she is definitely in a better place than that cup, and you certainly were in the right place at the right time - enjoy! :D

She's beautiful! And definitely better off where she is now! :)

As for a name...how about Janis? Haha.

What a beauty!! She may actually live happily in your 10 gal tank. I have two females--one is doing great with a tank of Badis, and the other is nipping my rams. In any event, QT her if you want to put her in the 10 gal.

Im so happy I found her, Shes not a prize winning fish, but I think shes beautiful... I keep going in and checking on her. I THOUGHT about putting her in the 10 gal, but that one is in my daughters room and I want to see her. I have been considering maybe another 10 gal with a divider and put her on one side and Elton on the other. Maybe after everyone gets to know one another..... baby bettas???? ohhhhh...I'd love that.... but then where to put the new ten gal. Elton is currently in the kitchen next to the sink, If I put a 10 gal tank in the kitchen my Hubby would have a cow. Hes not a pet person, and since he met me we have aquired a dog, rabbit, and four fish tanks... he just shakes his head.

Back
Top Bottom