killifish....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's alot of money for those guys. I have seen them at Petco and my favorite lfs for around 10-15 bucks each. I don't know why they are so expensive; I would'nt want one, given that other fish like orange mollies and such can easily compete in looks with killies...

I agree, only thing I can think of is that there hard to mate so having a mating pair is wortyh money or ther ejust hard to find in general

I personally really like the look of killies; infact I'd far prefer them over mollies, platies, you name it, if it weren't for the price tag :roll:

I have a few Golden Wonder Killies, and they are awesome. Their mouths are so BIG

wow alot bigger than I ever though, I've never seen a Golden Wonders though, I'll have to do some research on them, still an expensive set of fishies lol

golden wonders are the easiest to find. They are cheap from my experience too. I got three of them for free from my aquarium society and they ARE really awsome fish. There was a store in michigain i just visited that has gold wonder killies for 3bucks. Really really nice looking ones too. And petsmart in london ontario has them for 6bucks i beleive.

Gold wonders are nothing like molies at all. They are more like barracuda.

It's a question of supply and demand. They are generally easy to breed, and they range in size to more than 4", although some of the most colourful varieties are closer to 2" or even a little less.

Back
Top Bottom