Killifish, yes or no?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joem6376

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I am looking at a species of killifish to add to the tank (not entirely sure what yet) but I dont know a whole lot about the fish and if they are suitable for me.
I have have a 32 gallon tank stocked with:
6 neon tetras
3 golden white cloud mountain minnows
5 endlers
4 sterbai corydoras
5 nerite snails
Any help would be great, thank you

There are a huge variation in types. If you have some floating plants a group of clown killifish or lampeye killifish could add some top dwellers to your tank.

I was looking at the clowns but the floating plants I see at my lps aren't the best looking, I will have to check online.
Thank you

I would highly recommend a Lyretail killifish (Aphysemion Australe). They are longer lived peaceful killifish that come in a variety of colors. The only problem is they are jumpers.

Aphyosemion-australe-foto3.jpg

Clowns are fab but picky eaters... Mine turn their nose up usually to anything except live flies ... Although known to take flake on occasion. I found them the most difficult to acclimate as well

I would highly recommend a Lyretail killifish (Aphysemion Australe). They are longer lived peaceful killifish that come in a variety of colors. The only problem is they are jumpers.

Aphyosemion-australe-foto3.jpg
That's beautiful. If my tank want a SW I'd definitely get some of them.

That's beautiful. If my tank want a SW I'd definitely get some of them.

??? This is a FW species.

I'd say up your groups, before adding more fish.

A big group of Neons looks awesome. Your other social Fish will display better in bigger groups.

I have 21 Neons and 9 Rummynose in my 55g. I plan to add more Rummynose later possibly.

IMG_3984.jpg

I love my SW. I just converted it from a FW cichlid tank because there were SW fish I wanted more

Back
Top Bottom