Kinda new to this, need ideas for new tankmates!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jowenbra

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 10 gallon tank that's been running awhile without issue, and its current residents are 2 striped corys (I'm planning on getting a few more), 5 endlers and 3 guppies, all male. I don't want to overcrowd and I've been going off the stores suggestions so far but I figured I'd ask here too. The guppies were just added today along with some new decor, so I'll probably wait a few days before getting anything new to let things settle. I think I have most of the technical aspects taken care of so that's not the advice I'm looking for, just wondering what species would play nice with what I got! Thanks!

IMO, add 2-3 more corys, as they're a schooling species, and call it good. a 10g tank doesn't have much room for large groups of fish. You could maybe add 1-2 more male guppies, or 3-4 more endlers if you keep up on your maintenance, but certainly no more than that. Or, possibly a female betta if you don't add more guppies or endlers.

I agree with adding a few more corys. I have a very similar tank, it has 6 male endlers, 4 Pygmy raspora, and about 15 cherry red shrimp. In my opinion guppy are hit and miss. Check out the Pygmys if you have them available to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom