Krib issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have a male and a female and every time the female brightens up and is ready for spawning she tries to get close to the male and he wants nothing to do with her what seems to be the issue

Lol to be fair it was a stupid question of me to ask S: DOH!!!

How long have they been a pair in your tank?

Kribensis before laying eggs and pairing up will perform the method courtship, mostly preformed by the female to attract the male, the females will dash around the tank after the male showing off her beautiful belly to the male. The bigger the belly the more chance the male will want to breed with her, as a bigger belly is more attractive to the males, high protein foods encourage the kribs to breed (interpet brine shrimp cubes will work) this makes the fish colour up more and also makes them want to breed.

Courtesy of How To Breed Kribensis, A Guide - Tropical Fish Forums

He has a few items to run through on this forum (Sorry for posting a link to another forum its just a helpful list of things to go through)

I have also read that a female is less likely to breed with a male which is smaller than she is. They also pair off for life so maybe she isnt recognising the male as a mate?

Are you sure they are male and female? (Not sure how you can check)

haha you can obviously see ive had no previous experience with Kribs but trying to help by internet searches :)

I have also read that a female is less likely to breed with a male which is smaller than she is. They also pair off for life so maybe she isnt recognising the male as a mate?

haha you can obviously see ive had no previous experience with Kribs but trying to help by internet searches :)

you said they pair for life? i dont mean to steal the thread but my male died from mt pair. I added a small male to see what would happen and they are already both courting each other. I have five fry from the last male. will they ever spawn together?

GoldenPlecTony said:
Kribensis before laying eggs and pairing up will perform the method courtship, mostly preformed by the female to attract the male, the females will dash around the tank after the male showing off her beautiful belly to the male. The bigger the belly the more chance the male will want to breed with her, as a bigger belly is more attractive to the males, high protein foods encourage the kribs to breed (interpet brine shrimp cubes will work) this makes the fish colour up more and also makes them want to breed.

Courtesy of How To Breed Kribensis, A Guide - Tropical Fish Forums

He has a few items to run through on this forum (Sorry for posting a link to another forum its just a helpful list of things to go through)

Thx for this ill try this

Owl307 said:
you said they pair for life? i dont mean to steal the thread but my male died from mt pair. I added a small male to see what would happen and they are already both courting each other. I have five fry from the last male. will they ever spawn together?

They pair with each other for as long as the other lives then they find a new mate

GoldenPlecTony said:

Yes they are male and female and i don't think its size my male is like 3'' and my female is like 2''

Back
Top Bottom