Leaving Fish Alone For 4-5 Days?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

George9

Aquarium Advice Addict
Pyramid Fish Feeder?

I am going to be away for a few days and looked into automatic feeders, but none of them have worked. I saw some kind of pyramid that releases food slowly for like a week and wondering if any of you have used it? Does it work?
If you have no idea what I'm talking about:
Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Vacation Fish Feeder at PETCO

Any chance you could just get a friend to feed them? If it is just a few days, the fish really don't even need to be fed. If you are gone for 5 days, I would have a friend feed them day 2 or 3, and that would be sufficient (unless you have some really needy species of fish...)

Define a few days. Honestly, not to disagree with fort, I think they'd be fine for 5 maybe even 6 or 7 days without feeding unless you have super sensitive fish or fry.

Define a few days. Honestly, not to disagree with fort, I think they'd be fine for 5 maybe even 6 or 7 days without feeding unless you have super sensitive fish or fry.
I'm going to be away five days
I have a dwarf gourami, some boeseami rainbows and a few tiger barbs.

Sounds like a good plan from 'rook. I wouldn't make a habit of going 5 days often but every now in then is probably fine with the fish you have.

Will my fish be okay alone for 4-5 days when I go on vacation? I have a dwarf gourami, some boeseami rainbows and some tiger barbs.

Yes. Do a water change before you leave and feed them as you leave (a normal amount, don't overfeed them out of sympathy).

Back
Top Bottom