Lighting problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PolyptRus

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a large tank that did not come with a light the tank is a 125 the light I went and bought is only an 8 watt way too small I know but my question is could this be the reason to my water getting cloudy and green quickly after water changes?i have two large filters on it and clean it regularly so that i not the issue. I was told if I get a proper light the water will clear up. If this is true is there a cheaper solution to a light set up for a tank this size. Lights are way too

**** expensive, atleast the lights made for aquariums. Are there lights you can buy from the hardware store that will work? If so how large of one would I need and how can I make it aquarium safe

As long as you have a cover and no water splashing its very easy to go to Home Depot and buy the right length fixtures make sure you get T5 bulbs they are the cheapest for aquariums lighting and just make sure you buy outdoor fixtures

Back
Top Bottom