Lighting Question: My Light Is Now Pink

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mobiusnu

Aquarium Advice Activist
In this thread (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?p=371274) I mentioned how my 29 gallon tank looked like it was about to spring a leak. Well, I returned my tank to Wal-Mart and got a replacement tank. Unfortunately, the new tank has a nasty pinking looking 17 watt light (along with some even crappier components). The previous light was perfect. It was much more natural looking.

What sort of replacement light should I be looking for?

A 17 watt bulb?? wowser.. The standard wal mart tanks usually have 20 watt bulbs in them. Im guessing you should get a 20 watt 6700k (daylight/super daylight) bulb for in it. Measure the length of your bulb. It should be 24 inches. You can go to any walmart/lowes/home depot and buy on of these bulbs. It'll run you somewhere around $5.00. I have a 9750k bulb and it gives the "pinkish" hue to it. So i'm assuming you have a bulb around that color region. 6700k is just white light. That should help w/ your problem.
HTH
-Stewie

I couldn't find any bulbs at Home Depot or Lowe's that were around 6500K. However, I did find one a GE Sunshine 20 bulb for $6.00 rated at 5000K that seems to do an ok job.

Back
Top Bottom