Limits?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barnature

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey,

I was just wondering if I've too much fish in my 10 US galloons tank: 3 Blue Flame Tetras, 2 Silvertip Tetras, 3 Fancy Guppies and the new, 5 SM Neon Tetras.

Thanks!

P.S. I might get a bigger tank soon, in about two weeks to a year... I am thinking of moving a few fish from the 10g to the bigger tank.

I only have one plant. I used to have 5. 3 my friends gave me and soon after I trashed 2 because they were messing up my tank. Two that I bought (one died and the other messed up my tank) so they went into the trash. I am hoping to go to my LFS, gonna buy a background, frozen food and if my parents will let me, a plant or two.

I have an AquaClear mini with Biomax, foam and activated carbon.

It's a clip-on filter, an AquaClear Power Filter suitable for tanks 5-20 US gallons.

I've no idea what kind of a plant it is because my friends gave it to me. If I'm going to buy a plant today, then I will tell you the name.

Thanks for your reply!

ac mini is the smallest filter they make. personally would put a bigger filter on it. when you are at the lfs looking for plants stick to java ferns anubias crypts and moss.

my guess is you dont have enough light over the tank for what ever plants you are putting in it.

ac mini is the smallest filter they make. personally would put a bigger filter on it. when you are at the lfs looking for plants stick to java ferns anubias crypts and moss.

my guess is you dont have enough light over the tank for what ever plants you are putting in it.

I ran an AC 20 on my 10g tank for a while, and I would rather have a larger filter with more flow.

I know! They nip the Guppies every so and so minutes! I didn't read about them before buying them because I just went into my LFS and bought the fish that looked nice. I am hoping to get a better filter for my next tank. There is a nice tank in Big Al's, a 55g retangular (not a fancy one) with all the equipment (I think) with a stand for 299.99 dollars. Is this a good price? It will take me a lot of time to earn though I hope that my parents will pich in to help with the budget. What kind of filter is good for that tank? Canister, perhaps? ( It has to fit in the budget becuase canisters cost A LOT, for that tank it's almost a hundred dollars! I can buy a 20g hospital tank for less!

Thanks,
Nature

Back
Top Bottom