Little critters on the glass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

locorosa

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was doing a water change on my Goldfish tank and I noticed squiggly track marks on the glass where the water levels had dropped. I went over and there are these tiny little hard things on the glass, much smaller than a grain of sand, that are dome shaped. I can use my fingernail to squish them but want to know what they might be. Looks like they feed on the algae on the glass, I HOPE, and not my fish but I am worried about mutant flukes or something like that.

What are they?
img_838027_0_1399f844f5d0c0ca6f3e58b67f07a631.jpg

img_838027_1_cb9a27c01717dec9ce580f1f18619f5c.jpg

img_838027_2_36cec8f47bb716884005169cda178a95.jpg

The second pic is one I squished. I am wondering if they are hatching into something else. They look like little mountains...dome shaped, from what I can see. They are super tiny.

are they somewhat of a clarish color? maybe with a little rd in them? if so you got snails, let them grow and if ya don't want them plenty of people at pet shops will trade you for some small merchandise, some people on here even like to buy them. I grow a bunch in my 2.5 fgallon and when they get big enough I either keep a few of feed them to my clown loach's for the protein in them.

I finally found out what the little critters are on my glass. They're Limpets. How they got there is a total mystery as I have never had any plants in the tank. It's possible they hitched a ride in some water bags when I bought new fish.
But here ya go fellow aquarium geekists...lol!

http://www.fishforums.net/content/I...s-Aquatic-Reptiles-Forum/75554/Snail-species/

It the critter in the first picture. Now I want to get a microscope to get a better look!

Snails, including Limpets, can hitchhike on anything. Plants, Ornaments, or even fish.

Back
Top Bottom