little thin worms ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bra_van_drakh

Aquarium Advice Activist
i've been running a fine cycled 20gal tank with 10 cardinals and 4 rasboras, plus 2 female silver angels [is it overstocked ???] and just noticed this evening when i moved some of my plants from another 20 gal.. ..

when i tried to plant it, some of the debris floated in the water, and among these murky water i found some wriggling worms trying to swim for their lifes ...they're only as a hair thin and having a length of just 0.5cms. ..i thought that these are some plant worms, coz i saw these worms when i picked some rotting plant root infront of my house[dryland plants]. ..FYI, my plants in the tank has a big root under the gravel, and some part of them are a bit rotting every time i move them and will be decomposed within 2 weeks after....

i was just wondering if they're tank save or they'll make quite a trouble with my tank later on. ..up till now, none of my fish are sick

In a planted tank, it will be a little different, but the idea is essentially the same. Basically, you will be using a tool to clean the gravel, Python make a good one. It's basically a hose with a big funnel on the end, and you will use the larger funnel end to suck the debris out during the partial water changes. I know that may not make a whole lot of sense, and certainly someone else will chime in, and add some clarity to the issue.

so.. .during my pvc, i'll need to stir up the gravel so the debris will fly around and could be sucked up like that ???

i'm still thinking of how to make my tank a bit less crowded though...since i don't have more tanks to fill. the other 20 gal has already had 4 pristellas, 4 rummynoses, 4 fire neons, 4 redfinned glassfish, plus 3 little angels. ..i was thinking of putting all of my glassfish with my silver dollars, which still have alot of space in it, would it be okay ??? plus i'd give 1 of my angels to an LFS near by[she's bothering my tetras] .T _ T.

so.. .during my pvc, i'll need to stir up the gravel so the debris will fly around and could be sucked up like that ???

Not quite. These devices are equipped with a large cylindrical tube that you push into the gravel. The venturi action will create enough suction so that only the area you are working in will be disturbed and all the debris will be sucked into the tube.

You definitely have a stocking issue, especially with the number of angels you have in the other 20g. You need to thin down both tanks. If it were me, I'd take the baby angels, fire neons and rasboras back to the LFS.

if i push it down, then wouldn't the gravel be sucked up too ???[sorry, first timer .T _ T.]

my LFS here in jakarta doesnt accept any fish that has been bought, since most fish are very2 cheap [i got 1 neon for only Rp1,000.00 ~ 10cents(US)] so i couldnt take them back to the LFS...anyhow.. . i should ended up having 2 silver angels and 8 cardinals in the first 20gal, and in the second one with 4 pristellas and 4 rummynoses ???

Back
Top Bottom