Looking for a horsefaced loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marknmelissa

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had one several years ago and had to part with him during a move. I really enjoyed him more than any other loach I've had (dojo, kuhli, and yoyo). The problem is, my lfs doesn't seem to ever have them in stock. Anyone know why? Is there a good place to order one on-line that is safe for the fish and the consumer?
Or...
Are there any other loaches that I should try that are hardy, good looking, and don't hide all day?
-Mark

I love mine, too. They are incomparably cute, with those horse faces. However, someone recently told me on these boards that they grow to nine inches...so I'm a little concerned about their future even in my 55 gallon. If they do grow, and you have a mega-tank, you can probably have mine then. :roll:

In the meantime....good luck.

Zebras are real characters, show a lot of "clown" behavior, but a smaller package. My gregarious fellow sleeps with my croaking gourami in the high plants.
I am trading those wretched but lovely lecontei in for two more zebras I think. AS soon as both lecontei are matched in color they are hasta!

Back
Top Bottom