Looking for Cansiter Filter Suggestion for 220g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have put some fish into my tank that are aggressive sand sifters and I need to add a mechanical filtration system to my tank to remove all the stuff floating around. Until now I didnt run any mechanical filtration in the tank I just used a sump with some filter flow for BB. I am not looking to break the bank on this I just want something that can clean out the water to keep it clear. Been looking around and I am just not sure what I should go with as I havent owned any mechanical filtration for any of my tanks in 5-7 years

Look into the Eheim brand external filters. I have used them a few times ,not on such a grand scale, but I've had great results with them :] they come pre filled with the media too. I've heard fluval makes a good product line as well.

"There's always a bigger fish." - Qui-Gon Ginn

Look into the Eheim brand external filters. I have used them a few times ,not on such a grand scale, but I've had great results with them :] they come pre filled with the media too. I've heard fluval makes a good product line as well.

I have been looking at the Fluval FX6 its a bit $$$ but is looking like the only thing on the market that will handle my tank size.

If I remember correctly, one member was running 4 FX6's jam-packed with filter wool.

I don't know if it is just my tank but the aqua-ones don't really clear the water.

Anyone ever seen the Aquatop CF series? Looking at the 400, its only recommended for up to 175g tanks so I am not sure if thats enough but its only 150$ right now. and has a "UV serializer" never been much of a believer in UV so I dont care much about that.

If I read your post correctly all you want is to clarify the water not handle the whole bio load of 220gal. So a smaller one will probably adequately filter the water enough to clarify it. I use an eheim 2217 and it's rated for 175gal I think. Cram that suckered full of sponge filters, white polishers, and some carbon for good measure and it will probably do a pretty good job at keeping the water clear.

I found mine at Bigalspets.com for $136. They have some pretty good deals on eheim products and I'm sure fluval too.

I have a fluval canister filter rated for a 75 gallon tank. Maybe ill stuff that baby full of filter floss and see if it does the job and if not Ill get something bigger. I mean its cloudy water I cant even see the back of the tank.

Try out what you have and see if it works. I know that the acurelf liquid helps clump together particulate so it can be filtered easier. If you do still need a new one after testing out your 75gal filter the Eheim 2217 is still $139 at big als with the media, tubes, and filter pads free shipping. :] let us know how it goes

You want something that moves alot of water for mechanical filtration in a tank that big.

Back
Top Bottom