LPS advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maxw47

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I was at a LPS recent that I don't normally go to. I called in advance to see if they had sponge filters in stock for a five gallon. They said they had plenty. When I got there, there was only one in stock and it was an ugly yellow huge one. But when I was waiting for the lady to be done with another customer, I heard her whole conversation with the other customer (She talks extremely loud, im not some weird stalker). The customer was getting some fish to fish-in cycle his ten gallon. He got a few tiger barbs and long finned danios, of which were recommended. They should not go in a ten gallon for obvious reasons. Then, he asked if they needed a heater, because he didn't have one. The lady said they should be fine, but when you get the discus (I guess he put some discus on hold for when his cycled was done), you will need a heater. Discus in a ten gallon!!! I don't go to that LPS anymore.

Heat is highly over rated anyhow.

Lordy....almost as bad as the one I heard. Woman talking to the LPS worker..." I went home and set up the tank like was recommended, put the fish in, and they were all dead the next day. What did I do ???"

I really wanted to say something but shook my head and turned away. Now..I don't know a TON about fish but the pet store people are making me look like Einstein.

Ya, sometimes I wonder how much a pet/fish store employee really has to know to get a job there.

Back
Top Bottom