mad props to the LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomherndon

Aquarium Advice Activist
I found some panda cories at my LFS the other day and went back a day later to purchase them. had I gone to a box store, I'm certain that the average employee would have simply bagged 'em and handed them over.

the guy at my LFS said he'd love to sell them to me, but tetras in a neighboring tank developed something ich-like and they didn't think it was a good idea to sell the cories and other fish in that particular 6 tank loop.

They did agree to hold the pandas for me until they resolved the disease issue in the neighboring fish.

so I bought my first pair of locally bred Rams that I had also noticed on the earlier visit (and stewed over) and will check with store regarding the pandas later.

I'm sooooo excited to find the Rams locally and in good shape. I never see them in the box store and am still fairly leery of mail order. I just like to see them in the store for a few days before bringing them home.

the key thing is that the store put my home-tank interest ahead of their sale and I think that mentality is rare these days.

as much as you can, support your local.

Last edited:
Wow, that is rare. I wish i had such a nice shop near me. Was it a chain store? I wouldn't think it was.

nice. there are a lot of stores like this out there. sadly some people would get mad about that or just talk about how bad the stores are. thanks for taking the time to post a good story.

Nice to hear. Those are the stores that you keep going back to time and time again. Too bad they dont all realize that. Thanks for posting that.

Interesting. I had posted something like this in another category, asking whether tanks are normally connected, because I've seen sick/dead fish in some tanks... my LFS wouldn't stop selling though, I'm sure of that. Sounds like you have a good one.

Back
Top Bottom