making faces at fish.............

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One thing I have learned in this hobby, is you are NEVER alone. Someone does the same strange, at times almost embarrassing stuff you have. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Is it kind of like the face the bala shark gave me when he splashed me in the face and shirt when I was tring to feed the eels, then zipped actoss the tank and turned around and did his little dance, like, you can't catch me? LOL.

This thread is bizarre, and is about to become even more bizarre.

OK, here goes...

How many of you have an aquarium in the bathroom?
And how many of you are somewhat bothered by the fish watching you intently while you're in there? :silly:

I only have the one aquarium so far, but having one in the bathroom would be neat. Gives you something to watch while doing your business instead of reading a magazine or something.

I'm tired of reading Cosmo anyhow.

bosk1 said:
Confirmed: there is such a thing as too much information. :D

I can even feed them without getting up.
Now THAT's too much information! :p :p :lol:

No, seriously, if I'm in there brushing my teeth or shaving, I can see this fish in the mirror pacing the tank and staring at me. It gives me the creeps - and that's why I make faces at him! :lol:

lol my dog will follow me into the bathroom sometimes or just push the door open. that is one freaky suprise when u get out of the shower and u have a dog sitting there looking at you lol. i really like the idea of having a tank in the washroom though

lol thats nuts because i just thought of that idea last night, and mom said she didn't like all the eyes watching her

DepotFish said:
Not so much with the faces, but I think they get a good laugh at the baby talk.

Okay Depot...you are winning so far. I think you and I are tied though, especially when I had the babies..."Look at the little ookie widdle fiddy."

QTOFFER said:
This thread is bizarre, and is about to become even more bizarre.

OK, here goes...

How many of you have an aquarium in the bathroom?
And how many of you are somewhat bothered by the fish watching you intently while you're in there? :silly:

Hmmm ideas ideas. That is one place I haven't put one yet. I think my husband is going to be pissed at you after this weekend. :lol:

I talk to my Bala's and clown like puppies (similar to baby talk), and they respond by wagging.. I happened to be standing in front of the tank looking at one when it came to the glass wagging, so I started talking like you would to a puppy to it and it went nuts, wagging side to side, up and down.. it reminded my of an anxious puppy so that's how I treat them now.

I plan to have maybe two 2 gallon betta tanks in the bathroom, one on each side of the sink. I didn't think about the privacy thing though. Might have to rethink that.

Yeah sometimes I feel awkward when changing in my room and they all just come to the front of the glass and stare at me.... probably because I want food but it still is weird....lol but yeah i make faces at my fish sometimes :jump:

Some of my fish come when I call them by name... I don't know if they completely hear me or not but a couple of my fish do it, like my female betta Sasha and my other female betta Kichi... Though Sasha poses for me anyhow when I tell her to (I kinda needed to teach her that one she always has issues I need to look at lol)

Back
Top Bottom