Male bettas and silver dollers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the tip! I have almost given up on coryies! I have 2 bronze which are great guys nice and fat. I will eventually get more but want to wait until I have a good amount of time with no Cory deaths. And I will def be going to a new shop. I have just found this great store called aquarama a few suburbs out from me. That have great stocks, great condition and really helpful staff. Will be going there to get more Cory's and my yoyo loach.

I have been doing research and I have narrowed it down to 3 types of fish. Either yoyo loach which I am still a little concerned about the asult size. Silver dollars which I am concerned about the size and the possibility of aggression and dwarf gourami- I have read 50/50 reviews on comparability. My betta is red and I have read by getting blue gourami it can stop the change of aggression. What does everything think? Your advice is appreciated.

Austrent said:
I have been doing research and I have narrowed it down to 3 types of fish. Either yoyo loach which I am still a little concerned about the asult size. Silver dollars which I am concerned about the size and the possibility of aggression and dwarf gourami- I have read 50/50 reviews on comparability. My betta is red and I have read by getting blue gourami it can stop the change of aggression. What does everything think? Your advice is appreciated.

My experience Bettas and Gouramis fight. They are too similar. Both bubble nesters and both want similar territory.

In a big tank 30-50g or larger with lots of plants and floaters the might be ok.

YMMV. I Wouldn't count on it working.
Best is faster non nipping peaceful fish. If they are too bright or have flowing tails, Betta may target them.

Every Betta is different !!

My tank is 130 litre. Even if I get small dollars still no go?

The silver dollars WILL NOT FIT...... your tank is WAY too small. It's very important that you pay attention to adult species size when you stock a tank. If you cannot adequately house a species, you should not purchase it.

Better size choices

I think bad idea for Silver Dollars, can grow to size of a plate.

How about Diamond Tetra, they have a similar look and don't grow into monsters!!!

Yoyo loach, 3-5 inches inches not 16 inches.

On another thread, there is a list of fish you should never get, these are both on it.

Gourami's can get in bad situations with Betta, look for a nice alternative.

We care about the fish and the members here. Maybe in time you can consider a 2nd larger tank for a new variety of fish like Gourami's, Pearl / lace are nice. Only get 1 or several, but need large enough space, research, learn. It's always better to learn before the fish have to suffer. But most of us have made errors, it's nice to have AA to help.

It is an awesome responsibility keeping a creature from it's natural habitat and placing into ours.

Thanks for advise guys- I sort of already knew that but thought just maybe it would work! :) looks like yoyo or dark loach it is!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom