Marble Hatchets w00t w00t

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
I finally got my hands on some Marble Hatchets!!
They are so tiny! Yaaaaaaay

I also got a tiny white angel with black accents around his mouth

sooooooo cute

I hear hatchet fish in the wild use their little wings to jump out of the water and catch mosquitos and gnats. Be careful at feeding time or they might wind up on the carpet :wink:

I tested them before I bought the fish
my Ammonia was 0
my Nitrite was 0
and my pH was about 6.8ish

I called and he said to bring in the water sample.. cuz I was kinda concerned in the store about the angel- they just got her in and I asked what their return policy was.. but I can be so impulsive sometimes

When I released my fish (after acclimating them) all the hatchets except for one was swimming around all curious with my other hatchets. And my angel wasn't as active as I thought she should have been (I remember when my bf brought home his angel).

This is a mom and pop store.. and they special ordered the hatchets and some other fish for me... I called and told him what happened and he sounded kind of annoyed with me

blah

but after spending $20 on 4 fish.. I kind of don't want them to die the same nite I bought em

but after spending $20 on 4 fish.. I kind of don't want them to die the same nite I bought em
I agree. They were weak fish--if you didn't take them home right away, they would have died in the store.

Back
Top Bottom