Medium sized schooling fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boomer2244

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello AA community

I am restocking my 55g and need suggestions I'm running an API NEXX canister filter(55g rated) and a marineland penguin 400(90g rated) for filtration and the only things in there right now are 2 bamboo shrimp and a mono sabae(which I'm converting to salt water in a few months when I move)

I'm gonna be keeping the shrimp in there and keeping this a community tank but I'm looking for a school of midium sized fish to put in(and keep) for now because I've tried harlequin rasboras and golden white clouds and they've befall snacks. Any suggestions as to a nice medium sized schooling fish I can keep and add to after I move?

I dont know him big a monoe sabe gets, but it must be mean too!

I'd suggest congo tetras, or rainbows for your want for medium sized schoolers. I have no idea if theyd work with the mono, as i dont know what it is! Lol, goodluck

I've tried keeping schoolers with monos and they always attacked/ate them pretty quickly. A bigger fish like a congo or a rainbow might be a better idea but I've found with that species of fish there's no telling. My monos were attacking and eating danios and they weren't much bigger than them at the time.

The mono I have is about 5" high and about 2" in length and is very peaceful. If I do rainbows would I be able to do bloodfins down the road(after transferring the mono) or will they get too stressed out?

Back
Top Bottom