Mental Molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

henry1245

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, so I've had 2 mollies for about 3 months... I added a platy 2 weeks later and 3 weeks later I added a male betta...

They have been getting along fine until today, now one of the mollies (female) is chasing and fin nipping the male platy and Molly a lot!

It's so bad I'm thinking of taking her out of the tank immediately, however I have nowhere to put her.

Any suggestions? (I can try and give her to the LFS tomorrow but I think she needs to be moved now and I only have the one tank) -??

Some mollies are just nippy. She may also be pregnant and moody. What size tank is it?

This is tricky..not having a QT tank to put her in. I'd recommend a very clean plastic or glass container with an air stone.

It's a 90 litre tank (approx 24 us gallons),

She was pregnant when I bought her and she doesn't look as fat.. Also she was never nippy previously, can they just turn nippy?

Also, if I put her in a qt pot, will she change her behaviour? (how long should she be kept away? I assumed she would have to be permanently re-homed)

Well, I'm not sure I've had it start out of nowhere like that before..

Well you can certainly give it one more shot if you want to...take her out for a bit and re-arrange the tank, then float her and re-introduce her like she was new. It may or may not work.

Back
Top Bottom