Methylene blue brain burp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lunch

Aquarium Advice Freak
i put this stuff in my main tank, fully stocked ( probably a bit overstocked tbh ) low tech semi planted. The directions on the container said nothing about the effects it has on plants and BB, it was only after i put it in i did my research, ( i know i know !) deciding the reason i put it in wasn't as important as my filter, i immediately put purigen in the filter did a 30% pwc and continued to do them for the following 7 days, then started doing them every second day, ( its been 10 days since the incident ) around about day 7 i also changed my conditioner to prime
I didn't bother testing the water until 2 changes ago because it was blue, I've tested for ammonia and nitrate twice in the past 3 days, on the no pwc days, nitrate is a steady 10-20 but the ammonia is curious, first test was a clear .25 but the 2nd test was hard to tell between 0 and .25, my wife believes it was 0

Is there a chance i avoided destroying my filter?

I only lost 3 plants and they were pretty shabby anyway, all my anubias, java fern and swords seem to be fine

It sounds likely that the bacteria are fine from your results. Generally I find only a small increase in ammonia (if any), this may also reflect that the tank is well established.

Back
Top Bottom