microscopic bugs...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donica_anne

Aquarium Advice Regular
So ive seen a few posts about tiny bugs that people deduce are copepods...but their description seems a bit larger than what im seeing. Ive got quite a few little white bugs, crawling on the inside of the glass, and on plant leaves....i cant see them in the rocks, cuz my rocks are also white....
Anyways, when i say small, i mean less than half the size of an Aphid. The only reason i assume they are "bugs" is cuz i just about go crosseyed to see them moving around.... lol...
Soooo, what the heck are they? My water is really clean....Im treating for fin rot currently so im doing 50% wc every 2-3 days plus bettafix every day.....
I was using salt, but i stopped for fear of killing my plants (if this isnt the case then I'll continue).
My fish is fine, besides his fins.....

The best i can describe them is little specs. They are too small to photograph. I wish i had a mgnifying glass!!
....just googled planaria.... they dont have any length to them...

Ok so i am just wondering where they came from cuz ive never had this before......
My best guess is there must have been some dormant ones in the aqua log i recenly added.
...or on one of the new plants????
But how do i get rid of them; supposing theyre in the log, what could i do to safely clean it? Is boiling it an option???
....omg there are the worm like things too!! Wth!!!! Its kinda gross!!

Back
Top Bottom