Mini Cycle help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

micaiah12

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I just got back from a two day event. Before I left my aquarium was fine. I had fed them just to keep them happy. When I got back I noticed that they all on the top gasping for air. I did a PWC and had to leave. When I got back I noticed all of my fish dead except for a few catfish and Danios. I tested the water and the Ammonia was 1.0 ppm and my no2 was at a scary 5.0 if not more. This tank has been cycled for over a year, but now my lovely fish are nearly all dead. I need help with this! how do I return the tank to it's original state. I took some filter media from my bro's 10 gallon tank and just added it in. I will keep a close eye on the water parameters.

Sounds a bit more serious than a "mini cycle". Sounds like the tank crashed. What was the pH?

Water changes, daily (or more), at least 50%.
Get ammonia and nitrite below 0.25.

blert said:
Sounds a bit more serious than a "mini cycle". Sounds like the tank crashed. What was the pH?

Water changes, daily (or more), at least 50%.
Get ammonia and nitrite below 0.25.

Agreed. Water changes will be your best friend here. Have done anything different recently?

You need to get those levels down ASAP. I'd like to figure out exactly what happen however.

ok how often should I do water changes?
I have no clue to what happened.

micaiah12 said:
ok how often should I do water changes?
I have no clue to what happened.

Do as many that are needed. I've done 2-3 a day when doing my fish in cycle.

Water change, wait and test. Then depending on the results water change accordingly.

Just keep and eye on those parameters.

Did your power go out by chance?

Is the heater and filter still running?

Power didn't go out. Here is the test results for today. This test is progress because yesterday there was 1.0 now there isn't any. Except nitrites are still way to high.

Attachments

• image-4086652676.jpg
    image-4086652676.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom