Missing eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lexilove

Aquarium Advice Freak
My peacock eel has gone missing. I think he escaped the tank when I had my net floating in my tank cause one of the fry I took to the stoe managed to get past me. But now our living room stinks and from my tank to the living room is well over 25" but is it possible for him to be out here? He got out probably 2 or 3 days ago and we still can't find him.

An eel could have wiggled his way that far IMO especially if there is no carpet. But even on carpet I think it could have gone quite a ways. Can you follow the smell to its source? I'd think after 2-3 days it would be too dried out to smell. You absolutely sure he's not hiding in the tank somewhere? I found one in a HOB filter once.

Rivercats said:
An eel could have wiggled his way that far IMO especially if there is no carpet. But even on carpet I think it could have gone quite a ways. Can you follow the smell to its source? I'd think after 2-3 days it would be too dried out to smell. You absolutely sure he's not hiding in the tank somewhere? I found one in a HOB filter once.

The smell is in the whole living room and yes I have taken everything out of the tank, mixed up the sand and completely took apart my filter and I am gonna go do this again. Our power was put for 2 days, do you think he could have survived that?

I seriously doubt he'd be alive. Was he really big? Is he down a floor vent (if you even have them)? This would drive me totally nuts! Keep looking, eventually you have to find him somewhere.

Rivercats said:
I seriously doubt he'd be alive. Was he really big? Is he down a floor vent (if you even have them)? This would drive me totally nuts! Keep looking, eventually you have to find him somewhere.

He was bout 8 or 9". We don't have floor vents and it's driving me crazy!

Back
Top Bottom