Mixing cory cats?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brad15

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have 1 emerald or a brochis cory in my 38 gallon. Is it possible to mix cory species and have them chill together?

Yes, it is possible. My cory groups are three-lined and melanistius. They are thoroughly intermingled.

Hello! I have two peppered, 4 tri-lined and 2 pandas and they all get along marvellously my peppered are like the mum and dad lol

I haven't had that type of behavior. My 3 peppered stay one the complete other side of my tank as my bronze and albinos. I have a 72 gal and I assumed they'd all mix but they never did. The 3 peppered hang out in the plants and caves until feeding time while the 4 bronze and albinos cruze around the open spaces most of the time. I don't mind since they seem to be happy, but they really never hang out together...

cats

Although not related to behavior of catfish, i have a question of you experts.
I had one gray and two albino catfish in my tank cohabiting nicely .
Once in a while i would find numerous white "eggs"??? plastered to the glass in several places.
At first I scraped them off, and they were eaten by the other fish. Later i tried to leave them alone, but after a few days they turned into a slimy mass stuck to the glass.
I also scraped them off and put them in a separate container. Nothing happened other than turning to slime.
Were these eggs ??? Fertilized or not ? The gray as well as the Mamma died, so only the widower is left. have to get him some companionship again. They seem to like scurrying in pairs.
HN

Hi,
I recommend starting a thread with your egg questions because I do not have experience breeding them.
I kept them in a trio for several months and would lose one now and then...
I now have two foursomes and will be adding two more of each.
They are much happier this time, and more active. Here is what I changed:
Added driftwood, switched from gravel to sand, used real plants rather than fake, used a shorter tank so they can swim up to the top easier (previously used a 35 hex), food is very diverse and high quality.
Please pm me for more details if you have questions!!

Back
Top Bottom