Molly or Platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well you can't really say which one is better but I like platys.

Thanks
I'm doing this as a sort of vote of which one i buy for my tank next I like Black Mollies but Platys are so colourful

Davies97 said:
Thanks
I'm doing this as a sort of vote of which one i buy for my tank next I like Black Mollies but Platys are so colourful

That why I like platys!

I liked platy better, because i never really had success raising Molly..but then again I was much younger, but I still like Platy better. They have cute little personalities. I suggest getting one male and at least 3 or 4 females. Keeping one male and multiple females is a good idea so you don't have the males fighting over the females. They're really fun to watch and raise.

Yes I'm planning of having a nice little set up with the following in

1 Male Guppy 2 Fenale Guppy
1 Male Platy 2 Female Platy
1 Male Molly 2 Female Molly
1 Male Swirdtail 2 Female Swordtail
And a couple of tetras in a shoal

Davies97 said:
Yes I'm planning of having a nice little set up with the following in

1 Male Guppy 2 Fenale Guppy
1 Male Platy 2 Female Platy
1 Male Molly 2 Female Molly
1 Male Swirdtail 2 Female Swordtail
And a couple of tetras in a shoal

Are you trying to breed these?

Fishie said:
Are you trying to breed these?

Yeah might do
will buy breeding trap and keep females away from males until i want to breed them

Davies97 said:
Yeah might do
will buy breeding trap and keep females away from males until i want to breed them
How long they could stress out if they are in the breeding trap long.

Fishie said:
How long they could stress out if they are in the breeding trap long.

No breeding trap for fry
Different tank for females

i love mollies
allitle bold, but its worth
and my black is like a hoover hahaha

torres said:
i love mollies
allitle bold, but its worth
and my black is like a hoover hahaha

Ha Ha I like black Mollies as well i fin they are full of energy and the last time i went to the LPS they were following my finger

Ha Ha I like black Mollies as well i fin they are full of energy and the last time i went to the LPS they were following my finger
If i knew they were so cool to keep before i bought all my fishes, i would have about 3 of them, and 5 females :)

torres said:
If i knew they were so cool to keep before i bought all my fishes, i would have about 3 of them, and 5 females :)

Well you could always add more or if somthing goes wrong you have a choice

I like the personalities of my mollies better, but I love the colors of my platys. So, its sort of a toss-up for me. :)

Back
Top Bottom