moved the bala today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well as most of you know I had a tank dropped off on me with some rather large fish in it, considering its a 10 gallon, anyways I was looking at gettin rid of the fish and my guy never came to get them, so I figured what they heck I'll keep the lil boogers, so I decided that the bala would be happier in my 29 gallon, which I know is to small, but still bigger than the 10 gallon, so I reached for my net, which of course was about 2 inches to small, I checked conditions of both tanks and they were really lcose so acclimation wasn't so bad on him, I tried making a trap to catch him, but that didn't work out so well, so I grabbed a hard back book off the shelf and my net, after a few minutes he wore himself out and I was able to scoop him up tail first and slide the book over the net to prevent him from flopping out, for a fish about 4 1/2 inches long he had some muscle, he was flicking around liek crazy and twisting the net in my hand. Luckily the 29 is right next to the 10 gallon. so I got him in the tank and he looks massive compared to the little zebra danios and tiger barbs LOL but he is alot happier from what I can tell, now to get rid of the plecos and find an even bigger tank for the bala, maybe the 75 I bought awhile back, but it needs some work lol

I need to repair a small tear in the seal at the bottom right front corner, I'm not sure how bad the leak is, but my aunt did say it had a small one, so I have to fix that, but I defintly wanna put him in there, he's about 4 1/2 inches right now and really thick bodied, hes growing like crazy lol

I can try and get a pic, he has a really pretty white underbelly that he likes to show off for some reason lol

Can't wait to see pics! Those were always a fish I wanted but knew better than to get, lol.

I am always amazed at how strong some fish are. Balas are obviously strong swimmers but they're so slender I wouldn't think think they'd give you all that trouble. Not to mention all that chasing around you had to do. There's got to be an easier way.

I had to move an oscar and pleco, both about 12", and they put up such a fight it was like I was deep-sea fishing, heh

Back
Top Bottom